The Huntsman: Winter's War

1:00:00 PM


Assalamualaikum w.b.t.




(Prequel of Snow White and the Huntsman)


Title: The Huntsman: Winter's War


Director: Cedric Nicolas-Troyan  


Language: English  


Running time: 1 hr 54 min  


Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy


Rating: PG-13


Synopsis:


Betrayed by her evil sister Ravenna, heartbroken Freya retreats to a northern kingdom to raise an army of huntsmen as her protectors. Gifted with the ability to freeze her enemies in ice, Freya teaches her young soldiers to never fall in love. When Eric and fellow warrior Sara defy this rule, the angry queen does whatever she can to stop them. As war between the siblings escalates, Eric and Sara unite with Freya to end Ravenna's wicked reign.


Review:


This movie marks the union between my sister and my fellow, Camey (and her sister). Well, we went to the cinema to find out Camey was already bought us two tickets each, which I didn't expect. We got the front seats (like two or three seats from the screen) hahaha and we have to look up to the screen, yeah. I told Camey I didn't mind sitting at the front rows as long as we can see the movie haha. (Is this considered as a review? Stars!)


Oh yeah, back to the movie. It started with the death of the King, which indicates that the crown fall to Queen Ravenna, to rule the kingdom. Queen Ravenna's sister, Freya, was betrayed by her first love and she went up to north to build her own kingdom. (Fact: Queen Freya might be the so-called Ice Queen, as she had that sort of power, yeah like Elsa). All children gathered to her palace to serve her, to become her huntsmen, her army and so on. She made up one strict rule: don't engaged yourself with anything to do with... love. Falling in love or the consequences might be severe.


Alert! Spoiler ahead!


Sara and Eric were the best of their kind, favoured by the queen, except that they hide a terrible secret - they were in love with each other. The queen, furious, set them apart.


Okay, I would give them my stars for their costumes. Seriously, their costume is beyond awesome! (I mean the Queen Ravenna's and Queen Freya's one) I heard that Queen Ravenna's cloak is made up of real feathers? Wow.


The storyline is okay, the adventure started during Queen Ravenna's downfall, when Eric and his two dwarfs friends were commanded to search for the enchanted mirror, or the freaking scary mirror, which was one of Queen Ravenna's treasured belonging, before Queen Freya gets hold of it. He united with his wife, Sara (idk when in the world did they get married) and they search for the mirror together. And the epic part was during the battle at the forest of goblins, wow the hideous creature though. Never in my life will I meet them.


But, still, what I didn't find amusing about this movie is, well, too much romance. No, I didn't have anything against romance though, but I feel that these romance thingy overshadowing the real deal of the story. I'm so sorry, didn't mean to be offensive. Just a fact.


And, what I learnt from this story is, that love, is indeed, powerful. Not just love between girlfriend/boyfriend type of thing, but love, between you and your siblings. Your family. But then, power, can make you blind. Power, blinded you from the love. Power, made you kill each other. Power, can make you desperate. Power, is a dangerous thing.


When this movie ends, Camey asked me what's the song playing during the credits part. I shook my head, I don't know. The next day, I found out at Youtube the original soundtrack, Castle by Halsey! Since that day, I become addicted to the song.


So, overall: ★★★☆☆
(3.6 out of 5)


You Might Also Like

0 obliviators

Great Legacy

Sticky Notes

elite reader(s)