Throne of Glass

9:33:00 PM


Assalamualaikum w.b.t.



I hate sharing laptop. Seriously hate it. Nothing in the world could explain my hateness. I've been a tablet user for weeks and using tablet is not as enjoyable as using laptop. It's freaking terrible! I am even confused now because I feel like my laptop isn't even mine, as I hardly have a freaking single moment to even touch it! Distress.



Anyway now let's move to the review.





Title: Throne of Glass


Writer: Sarah J. Maas


Year: 2012


Genre: Fantasy, Action, Mystery


Synopsis:

Meet Celaena Sardothien.

Beautiful. Deadly.

Destined for greatness.


In the dark, filthy salt mines of Endovier, an eighteen-year-old girl is serving a life sentence.She is a trained assassin, the best of her kind, but she made a fatal mistake. She got caught.

Young Captain Westfall offers her a deal: her freedom in return for one huge sacrifice, Celaena must represent the prince in a to-the-death-tournament — fighting the most gifted thieves and assassins in the land. Live or die, Celaena will be free. Win or lose, she is about to discover her true destiny. But will her assassin's heart be melted?



Review:

Becoming an avid fan of these series as soon as I finished reading the first book, though not a big fan of love triangle, but I'm a big fan of badass main character.


First, give a clap for me for finishing this amazing story. Not to mention this book comes from my favourite publisher Bloomsbury (hence the first publisher that accepted J. K. Rowling's manuscript of Harry Potter before) and yeah, they'll never disappoint me.


Okay, honestly, last year, while searching for a good book, I stumbled upon this book and though I saw many undesirable comments about this book on Goodreads but I was like "Who cares? I'm going to try this out anyway." and yeah, yeah, who'd thought I'd made a brilliant idea; I'll never regret reading this at first place.


Celaena, eighteen, suffered and enslaved at the death camp Endovier, made it to become the Crown Prince's champion in exchange of her freedom. She was sent to the mainland castle (so-called Glass Castle), preparing for the battle against twenty-three other talented candidates. And amongst them, she was the only girl. (proud smirk)


Through the story, there might be a slightly love triangle scenarios between her, the Crown Prince and the Captain of the Guard, (because from the description of their characters, the Prince and the Captain I mean, is kinda... loveable? pfffft). But, what amused me is this story is not centered around romance only, I noticed, there's still some sort of friendship bond between her and Nehemia, and her urge to erase the hauntingly dark memories of the past, also the suffering that the slaves endured all this time. Thus, this story taught me of how to actually achieve our freedom — not literally rebelling, but to put the other people's priority before us. You might get a sip of freedom and can vividly describe how it tastes like, then.


This story gets interesting when she receives a command from the late Queen, Elena, to win this battle and get rid of whatever evil lurking in the castle. From here on the mystery began, as she needed to find hidden 'evil' within the castle, not knowing how gruesome the 'evil' is like, and how it will harm her. One false move or, death literally.


So, for those who seeks for another epic masterpiece, Throne of Glass is absolutely the best choice for you, I guarantee.


Overall:

★★★★★
(4.6 out of 5)


p/s: Tbh, I can't lose grip of this book after finishing it because this story is too awesome!



Kbai. XD


You Might Also Like

12 obliviators

  1. Replies
    1. nothing really, my sis punya laptop rosak then dia pinjam laptop saya, cuma kadang-2 dia overuse sampaikan lupa ini laptop saya... small matter teehee XD

      Delete
  2. omg yess finally you posted the review! (I have been waiting lol) this is super awesome! everyone should read it XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeayyy ikr it's super duper awesome ~v~ tak sabar nak baca crown of midnight pulak XD

      Delete
  3. story pasal assasins and love traingle ke? wow nampak menarik!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yupp ^^ concept dia memang fresh dan menarik

      Delete
  4. Awak memang suka buat book review ke ? Menariklah XD Oh well hello there potterhead ! XD Pernah tak baca buku J.K. Rowling yg bukan Harry Potter? Ada satu buku tuh boleh tahan best jugaklah. Gaya bahasa dia dalam buku tuh tak se-gah harry potter la sebab cerita dia tak heavy macam harry potter tapi still boleh digest lagi. I suggest you baca buku tuh. Kadang2 bila tgk J.K. Rowling buat buku selain harry potter rasa peliklah pulak ^o^'' Nama buku "The Vacancy" kot kalau tak silap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay then! ^^ added the book to my wish list~ XD memang minat karya J. K. Rowling, tak kisahlah pasal HP ke tidak haha. thanks for the recommend! XD

      Delete
  5. guna la windows phone connected pergi ke monitor.. jadi la seperti komputer.. haha.. tampal je situ had penggunaan 2 jam..

    Jalan2 sini.. Jom baca,,

    Lajukan Load Blog ni Sekarang> article.

    ReplyDelete
  6. d'same.. tablet xsebest lappy...

    ReplyDelete

LEGACY

HOLLER