The Ice Twins

12:30:00 PM


Assalamualaikum w.b.t.



Actually I wanted to do this review for awhile before the other books that I read. And idk why this book has the title 'ice' too (because previously I've reviewed the book that has the word 'ice' on it too) haha maybe I got a thing about ice? XD





Title: The Ice Twins


Writer: S. K. Tremayne


Year: 2015


Genre: Horror, Psychology, Mystery


Synopsis:




Review:


This story revolves around a broken marriage of Sarah and Angus Moorcroft, a happy couple in the past, as everything was beginning to crack and just a matter of time, will be broken. Their decision to move to a remoted island away from the London was a final solution to fix everything back. They wanted to run away from all the bitterness, living like a normal family, unlunckily, it's not that easy, as they're facing the loss of their beloved daughter, Lydia, from an incident where she fall from a balcony. Ever since then, their remaining daughter— the remaining twin, begin to acknowledge herself as Lydia, the one who died.


I started to freak out even from the first chapter, when Kirstie insisted; "Why do you keep calling me Kirstie, Mummy? Kirstie is dead. It was Kirstie that died. I'm Lydia."


Sarah thought their decision to move away to a place where there have never been a trace of their memory, an island as remoted as possible is the only way to overcome all her grief, but she couldn't be more wrong. Kirstie starts claiming to see glimpse of her dead sister, claiming she is here, claiming she is everywhere.


The mystery was really suffocating, the chilly situations really gave me goosebumps, (like, I'm reading this at midnight and I can't help but keep staring at the large mirror in my bedroom, afraid of... you know...)


And the changes of the point of views just make this story feels more... complete. I'm glad the author changed the point of view at the end of the story, at least it didn't left us in doubt and make the ending seems more convincing, and satisfying.


Also, I disliked Sarah. Not that she's a bad character but nahh~ I just disliked her, don't sure why. But in the end, I feel sorry for her.


This story really gives us a good psychological twist. And, I love that this books has certain pictures of what the cottage, lighthouse, and the island looks like, it's to give us some moods of the story.


Overall:

★★★★☆
(3.9 out of 5)


You Might Also Like

15 obliviators

  1. I've been wanting to get my hands on this book for soo long !! Urghh it sounds awesomee XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right?? it's been on my wishlist for soo long that I'm glad I'm finally finished reading it XD

      Delete
  2. waaahhh cam best... but confiusingg.. hahahahaah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. memang confusing... entah kenapa bila melibatkan twins je mesti confusing haha XD

      Delete
  3. I think the last psychological book I read was Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn :) would search for this book later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe to begin with I'm not fond with psychological genre but now I'm trying to familiarize with them hohoho XD

      Delete
  4. Why I'm reading this entry at night and my roommate was sleep already. Harhar T_T

    ReplyDelete
  5. waaah mcm menarik lama dh tinggal membaca novel ni.. haha

    jemput join GA saya

    https://www.biskutsemperit.my/2016/02/giveaway-cash-rm30-feb-2016-by-ahbar.html

    Tarikh tutup 17/2/2016 11.59pm

    ReplyDelete
  6. the book sounds menakutkan hahaha btw heyaaaa I'm stalking your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ayyo bella XP I'll stalk you too~

      Delete
  7. Kita pun nak review novel yang ada tajuk Ice ni hahahha tapi asyik tertangguh je lahaiii.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kann? saya pun selalu betul rasa macam ni, rasa malas, lepas tu tangguh haha XD

      Delete
  8. interesting! the story was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. righttt~~? saya beli pun sebab rating dia bagus di goodreads XD

      Delete

Great Legacy

Sticky Notes

elite reader(s)