Anime Review; Angel Beats!

6:25:00 AM


Assalamualaikum w.b.t.



So I thought of making anime review this time. Actually, there's so many anime I'd already watched but I didn't really have time to make single review of them. So, now, as the first review regarding anime, I present to you, Angel Beats!






Title: Angel Beats!

Written by: Jun Maeda

Year: 2010

Genre: Action, Comedy, Drama, School, Supernatural

Episodes: 13

Synopsis: (source MyAnimeList.net)

Otonashi awakens only to learn he is dead. A rifle-toting girl named Yuri explains that they are in the afterlife, and Otonashi realizes the only thing he can remember about himself is his name. Yuri tells him that she leads the Shinda Sekai Sensen (Afterlife Battlefront) and wages war against a girl named Tenshi. Unable to believe Yuri's claims that Tenshi is evil, Otonashi attempts to speak with her, but the encounter doesn't go as he intended.

Otonashi decides to join the SSS and battle Tenshi, but he finds himself oddly drawn to her. While trying to regain his memories and understand Tenshi, he gradually unravels the mysteries of the afterlife.


Review;

Somehow I enjoy watching shounen anime compared to shoujo, because hehe, you know why. I love complicated stories rather than those overdose romance, lovey-dovey whatsoever. (but sometimes I might enjoy shoujo too, depends on how good the storyline is, plus the male character HOHOHOHO *troll face*).


One word to describe this story. It is LIFE.


The badass and charismatic female characters. I adore them. They don't appear helpless and dependent, well, that's why. Oh, their male characters are charming as well, but not as the shoujos lol.


This story keeps my brain working. That's just simply the reason why I, totally, fall in love and speechless at the same time. At first, I didn't understand the concept of this story, like the afterlife stuffs, NPC (non-player character), why do they need to attack Tenshi(Angel), and why do they appear at the boarding school after their death. But as I watch it for the second time, then I understand the concept well.


Good sense of humor. Sometimes I cracked a laugh as the characters show their dumbass sides.


Killer plot-twist. Shounen animes is nothing without their infamous plot-twists that'll make your jaw drop. You can't never expect the true 'culprit' lies within this story. And though, as I get the clear picture of who's the real 'programmer' of Angel Play, (I'm too lazy to explain, you may understand if you watch it), I really, can't closed my mouth again. The plot-twist is really killing me!


Oh, there might be a slight of romance. But their love story is truly... heartbreaking. :'(


TRIGGER WARNING; Make sure you prepared a box of tissue by your side. Because the ending is really..... needless to say. Maybe you will or won't cry, that's depending on how tough your heart is (LOL) But it'll really give you some impact through your day, somehow, a DEEP impact.


Overall:

★★★★★
Highly recommended







You Might Also Like

3 obliviators

  1. I love Angel Beats and cried at the end of it. Have you watch Guilty Crown?

    ReplyDelete
  2. macam best. thanks for the review XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. kak hana; I haven't. I'll add that to my to-watch list hehe :D

    yui; haha welcomee XD

    ReplyDelete

LEGACY

HOLLER